They say the first steps are the hardest. Well, not with SocieMe. Follow our guide and you will know how to use SocieMe in 5 minutes.
For iOS users we recommend using SocieMe as an app for the best experience. You can do this at any time.
Using SocieMe for the first time can be overwhelming. It is still a blank canvas and some features don't work yet. Let's change that.
Register an account
To register an account on SocieMe you have two options:
- Use Facebook or Google login. Simply click the correct button to set it up.
- Register with email and password by selecting Sign Up at the bottom of the login screen.
After signing up you should be taken straight to the app.
Your first contact
A fresh account means that it's time to enter some data. SocieMe is a personal app, it only works with the information you give it. Follow the steps below to learn the basics.
- Navigate to the Contacts screen
- Think of someone close to you to add as your first contact. On the contacts page, put their name in the form and press Add Contact.
- You are automatically taken to your new contact. Click the pencil icon below the top menu to edit their information. Enter their birthday (the year is optional) and how you met. Then save.
- In the menu below their name select the Notes tab (the sticky note icon). Notes are only for one contact. Click on the New note button and write down something you know about them, like their hobbies.
- Now let's head over to their events. This is the menu option icon of a clock with a rewind arrow. Events are something that happened with one or more contacts. Click on New event and save the last thing you did together.
- Finally, go to the Reminders tab (the bell icon) and add a Reminder.
- Now you have added the first information it's time to take a look around the app. Many pages automatically fill themselves with your data.
Our introduction ends here, but this is not all SocieMe has to offer. You can learn more in the rest of this user guide.
Use SocieMe as an app
You can add SocieMe to your home screen to use it like an app. This way it will feel like any other app and show less of the browser window. This is recommended for iOS users.
You can remove SocieMe from your home screen whenever you want. None of your data will be lost.
See how it works for your phone:
To improve your SocieMe experience on iOS, we recommend that you add it to your home screen. iOS makes it impossible to have a menu at the bottom in the browser. If you tap that area it brings up the bottom navigation bar. You will have to tap again to use the menu. The only way to avoid this is to add SocieMe to your home screen.
- Open the SocieMe app in Safari and log in.
- Tap on the share icon. This is the box with the arrow at the middle bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of options and choose 'Add to Home Screen'
- Change the app name if you wish to, but leave the address as
- Tap 'add' to add SocieMe to your home screen.
- SocieMe should now be visible as any other app. You can move its icon anywhere you want.
Work in progress